Saturday, January 4, 2014

Let Me Tell You About Me...

So, a while ago on facebook, a viral post went around that went a little something like this:
X number of facts about (person) that people might not know. Whoever liked the post would, then, be given a number. I kind of wanted to participate, but I didn't feel like sharing my life in that way. Kind of funny to me that I would choose here and now to share it, but here goes nothing:

1) I have been a member of Mensa since I was 7.

2) My middle name is Lee-Ann. It is spelled EXACTLY like that. Please get it right. And it is spelled as such because of my Grandfather. His name was Lee. I was born the day after his birthday, and it's quite fitting, since he and I are basically one in the same.

3) I started learning sign language when I was 9. I went to the school library and took out books on the subject. I guess it's fitting with where I am in school right now.

4) I'm sorry, but I don't like country music. It and rap are really the only two genres I don't willingly listen to. Rap for the message, country for the memories...

5) I love baking shows: Next Great Baker, Cupcake Wars, Ultimate Cake Off, The Taste. I'm pretty picky about the cake I eat. I love to cook and bake and enjoy watching shows and looking at food that is delicious. I just wish I was much more skilled.

6) My story is fairly unique and I tend to keep it secret because I don't want people to see me differently. I'm willing to tell people if they ask, but it might take me a little while to figure out just the right words.

7) The words I choose are meticulously thought out. People have judged me for my verbiage, but I would rather speak deliberately than just say words meaninglessly.

8) I would rather watch a documentary than a fictional movie. I'd rather read non-fiction books than fiction. I don't know why I don't like made-up stories. Maybe it's my unquenchable thirst for knowledge and learning that fiction books just can't even come close to satisfying...

So, I hope that gives you a little more of an idea of who I am... So, tell me about you!

Bonus fact:
9) My legal name is Rachel Lee-Ann Sprague, but I was given a sign name and I have an African namesake - Fatou Sarr.

No comments: